Monday, October 1, 2007

Chuck Vs. Reaper


Here's something edgy: Fall TV

Ever think that Chuck and Reaper are very close to the same program with some names changed and situations slightly altered?

A slacker who still lives with his parents and works a dead end job at a ______ super store becomes embroiled in a situation he could not avoid (possesses limitless government secrets/has had his soul sold to the Devil) that requires him to perform at levels that he had previously not considered possible to save the world (one national crisis/demonic soul at a time).

I know you all (and by you all, I mean me) realized this. I'm not terribly insightful to have figured it out. I enjoy both shows. They give me a break from all my medical shows and titillating relationship series. They remind me of whatever impulse brought us The Greatest American Hero so many years ago. Someone I know called Reaper: Buffy before it went bad and started taking itself too seriously.

I give Kevin Smith his props (do we say props anymore?) for portraying the slacker life style and the low key humor, but I like the wacky (I'll get better with my adjectives someday. . . I hope.) Mission Impossible moments in Chuck too.

So I'm still wishy washy. Not truly strong enough? I like them both what can I say? Looking forward to watching Pushing Daisies later this week.

No comments: